Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Dodger Blue

I have been a Dodger fan since 1955. The reason I chose the Brooklyn Dodgers was because 1955 was the year they won their first World Series by defeating the New York Yankees (my dad's favorite team). I reasoned that if I was going to have a favorite team, why not choose the world champions? So I did, and I have been a loyal Dodger fan ever since. I love Dodger Blue. I also chose my favorite player that same year. I fell in love with Duke Snider. I worshipped the Duke of Flatbush, and I still do. My two goals in life are to see a Dodger game in LA and eat a Dodger Dog, and second to own a Duke Snider Rookie Card (very expensive). I doubt I'll ever get either one, let alone both, but I can dream can't I? The Boys of Summer in the Days of My Youth. Go Dodgers!

No comments: